Long Island AC Repair
Available 24/7 for AC Emergencies—Call (516) 217-2196 Now!
If you are looking for the highest quality AC repair on Long Island at a reasonable price, you have come to the right place. If your central air system has been making strange noises, has not been cooling your home properly, or has shown other indicators of a potential problem, it is important to act fast to resolve the situation. Our team at AWS Plumbing, Heating & Cooling can help!
Call us at (516) 217-2196 today! We offer 24/7 emergency AC repair on Long Island, so we can be there for you whenever you need us.
Common Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repairs
Knowing when it’s time to call in a professional to take a look at your air conditioner can be tricky – even simple repairs cost money but waiting too long could exponentially increase the final price tag. We’ve put together some common signs you can look out for to know when it’s time to act and get your AC repaired before the damage becomes too expensive:
- You notice water leaking from your AC. While your AC unit typically runs off refrigerant and will produce condensation during use, neither of these liquids should ever leak into your home. If you notice water pooling around it inside your home, call a technician immediately.
- It’s only blowing out warm or hot air. The first thing you should check when this happens is the thermostat. If it’s set in cooling mode and set to a lower temperature than your home’s current level, then there’s a good chance its compressor is damaged, or that something is restricting airflow.
- Your air conditioner is barely blowing out any air. Insufficient airflow is a common sign that something is wrong with the unit or that something is blocking it from coming out. Whether it’s caused by a broken motor, a clogged air filter, or anything else, you should get this fixed before it causes compounding issues.
- Strange noises coming from your AC. While most AC units make some noise, especially when first turned on, a sudden or loud banging noise is rarely a good sign. If you hear grinding, buzzing, rattling, or banging sounds, call an expert immediately.
- Bad smells coming from your air conditioner. This is likely caused by some kind of mold or bacterial growth inside the unit and is most common to notice when you turn it on for the first time after months of disuse. This can often be cleared out with a simple cleaning during general maintenance.
You need to act fast when you notice an issue that could require a Long Island AC repair professional. If you wait, it could turn into a bigger problem that could require total replacement. In some cases, air conditioning problems can also pose health risks if mold or bacteria is in the system.
Air Conditioning Maintenance You Can Trust
Proper maintenance is crucial to keep your air conditioning system working as long and as efficiently as possible. If you are interested in scheduling routine maintenance or have questions about a unit that is not working properly and may need repairs or even replacement, we can help. Our dedicated Long Island AC repair team is honest, hard-working, and ready to see how to best address your heating and cooling needs.
Do not let poor maintenance lead to AC failure. Contact our team now to make your appointment for AC repair on Long Island!
Family Oriented With Hands-On, Accessible Owner
Serving All of Long Island, NYC & Queens Since 1988
Straightforward Services at Honest, Fair Prices
Highly Skilled, Happy Employees & Project Managers
Fully Vetted, Background-Checked & Drug-Tested Employees