Long Island Water Filtration Systems
Helping You Get Cleaner, Healthier Water in Nassau County
Clean water is a necessity in every New York home. However, well water and even municipal water usually contain hard minerals, contaminants, and bacteria that can cause issues with your health and plumbing. If you’ve been noticing an odd taste, color, or smell in your water, it’s time to call AWS Plumbing, Heating & Cooling. We are the top resource for water treatment systems and services on Long Island. Our experts can explain your options and guide you toward the system that can effectively solve your water quality problems.
Our installation work comes with a free estimate. Give us a call at (516) 217-2196 to get started!
Reasons to Install a Water Treatment System
Most homeowners assume buying bottled water can solve all their water quality problems, not knowing that plastic bottles also contain harmful VOCs. Additionally, the continuous purchase of bottled water is not only expensive but also wasteful for the environment. If you want to veer away from bottled water, consider installing a whole house water filtration system.
Other reasons to install water filtration systems include:
- Brown, rusty water – Does your water look rusty or brownish? Do you want to take a nice hot bath in a tub filled with clean clear water? Removing iron from your water is easy and if done properly, will eliminate all your problems in just a couple of hours.
- Parasites in the tap water – Cryptosporidium is a microscopic parasite that can make its way to the surface of water supplies and can cause days of digestive system misery. Treatment from the municipal plant cannot kill this parasite alone but the right type of water filtration system can help.
- MTBE in the tap water – MTBE stands for the synthetic compound Methyl Tertiary-Butyl Ether and is a known animal carcinogen and a possible human carcinogen. It is a gasoline additive that has contaminated many of our water supplies through transport accidents, leaking tanks, or simply over-filling at gas stations.
- Bacteria – Water is susceptible to bacterial contamination after it leaves the public water supply. Many areas of our water distribution piping facilitate the growth of bacteria. People who may have compromised immune systems, elderly people, and those who are already fighting some kind of disease may be more susceptible to becoming infected with bacteria such as E. coli, Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, Helicobacter, and more.
Types of Water Filter Systems We Install
Water filters are perhaps the best defense against common water contaminants, parasites, and bacteria in your water.
AWS Plumbing, Heating & Cooling offers a wide selection of water filtration systems including:
- Whole-house water filter systems
- Reverse Osmosis water filters
- Backwashing or backflushing filters
- Ultraviolet water filters
- Water heater filters
- Rust removal filters
- Water Softeners
- Refrigerator filters
- Replacement drinking water cartridges
- Drinking water systems
- Iron removal filters
- (.5) micron filters
As your trusted water treatment specialists on Long Island, count on us to provide only high-rated and effective water filtration systems such as the Aquasana Rhino Pro 600 and other Aquasana systems. We can explain the pros and cons of these units and provide you with a free installation estimate.
To get started, schedule an appointment with our team at (516) 217-2196!
Family Oriented With Hands-On, Accessible Owner
Serving All of Long Island, NYC & Queens Since 1988
Straightforward Services at Honest, Fair Prices
Highly Skilled, Happy Employees & Project Managers
Fully Vetted, Background-Checked & Drug-Tested Employees